All biomass is to be sourced from suppliers certified by leading sustainability programs
Contribution to Climate and Sustainability Goals
- The removal of alien invasive plants and trees (AIP) saves up to 3600 m³/ha water annually, over 5 million m³ in total.
- An estimated 200,000 tons of CO₂-equivalents per annum could be offset with biomass pellets produced by Coega Biomass Centre
- Substituting coal by pellets could reduce CO₂ emissions by 70-80%.
- Approximately 66 MWth renewable energy feedstock will be produced at full capacity
- All biomass is to be sourced from suppliers certified by leading sustainability programs and certified by independent third parties. This includes programs such as FSC, GGL, RSB or SBP.